A New Approach to Mobility
The Wijit Lever Driving and Braking System, dramatically improves manual wheelchair mobility. The combination of the lever drive, transmission, and wheels reduce the force required to move your chair.
How Does it Work?
The Wijit attaches to your current wheelchair. Quick release hubs let you remove the Wijits quickly. Propel your wheelchair with levers rather than wheel rims. Spin on a dime. To stop, pull in on the levers. Each wheel brakes independently providing enhanced steering capability.
Steer Clear of the Wheels
The superior ergonomics of the Wijit let you safely drive our chair without touching the wheels. No more gloves. No more friction burns. No more dirty hands.
Along with increased mobility and clean hands, the Wijit provides the following additional benefits:
- Drive: The Wijit's lever design cut the effort needed to self-propel the wheelchair in half and reduces the need for hand and wrist dexterity, and arm strength.
- Brakes: The Wijit's braking system is easily activated and eliminates hand friction and vibration.
- Steer: Steering with the Wijit is easy and requires minimal strength and coordination.
- Improved Posture: With the Wijit you sit in a comfortable, upright position with better back support. Using the Wijit will build your core strength.
- Makes Hills Easier: The Wijit's levers and gears make it easier to go up hills. The brakes give you control going down the hill.
- Reduces Injuries: The Wijit has been shown to reduce the possibility of injury to your hands, wrists, and shoulders. And it keeps your hands clean!